entry #3; Mints

 Mentha Balsamea x Mentha Spicata


One day on a cloudy Saturday afternoon, my mother arrives home from work, she cleans a ginormous church for our close friend thats a pastor. My mom brought me and my little brothers, these mini portable containers that are 3.75 inches in length, 2.54 inches in width and had a height of 0.8 inches. Knowing the measurements, you can obviously tell this mini capsule can only fit very tiny objects such as dollar bills if folded, rings, earrings and multiple individual keys if you don't like losing or holding them in your pocket.


I didn't think anything of the containers, I figured it wasn't of any use to me because of how limited things I can put in it so I just left it in my room unbothered for hours. My siblings did the same thing, they thought they could use it as a container for fish bait for when we go fishing as a family. 7PM rolls around so I start to get ready because I'm going out with friends and as I'm heading out of my room, I look at the container once more. I start to inspect the capsule and as I flip it, I see the words "Mentha Balsamea x Mentha Spicata" and Im just looking at this with confusion because I don't know what it means. 


After trying to figure out what these words, I decide to open the container and I see these small, white droplets so I decide to take half of one. As I start to chew I can tell my mouth is having this feeling of like "freshness" in my mouth, I felt good after taking it so I then took a sip of my water to run the remaining pieces in my mouth. In the middle of taking my sip, my mouth becomes extremely cold like snow cold so I spit out the rest of my water. I took two minutes to recuperate myself and I took another one and I got that feeling of "freshness"in my mouth and I started to think and looked up the meanings of the two words. "Mentha Balsamea" means peppermint and "Mentha Spicata" means spearmint so I finally realized I had been eating two flavored mints the entire time. I finally put the capsule and headed out to a night with my friends. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #8

Entry #10

Entry #7