entry #1

 Reading Blogs


I never thought I'd be typing out blogs for people to read, like ever but here I am today making one. Every now and then, I try to educate myself more about, how to properly write out a blog and how to identify the type of blog I'm reading. As of recently I read two blogs, one of the blogs was about the most anticipated pop culture/sneaker collaboration to this day, the Travis Scott X Jordan 1 (https://blog.klekt.com/sneakers/a-complete-history-of-travis-scotts-sneaker-collaborations/). As for the other one, I didn't really enjoy it, it was about how kids are supposedly ruining the sneaker reselling game with very false narratives and information about certain shoes and brands. I found it not reliable also because it specifically talks about one brand when there are hundreds of brands.(https://aiobot.com/kids-ruining-sneaker-reselling-game/)


Pop culture figure and artist, Travis Scott is widely known in the sneaker community with his hot collaborations with Jordan Brand and just now, he had a recent collaboration with Fragment. Hiroshi Fujiwara is the Japanese designer behind the brand, is also very known for collaborating with other brands such as Jordan Brand and the most recent sneaker that released, the Nike Sacai X Fragment. The blog provides a very organized collection and information about every single one of his collaborations he's ever had with Jordan Brand and Nike. Not only is it in correct order, but it provides correct information about each sneaker, what the retail price is and the reasoning behind his partnership. My favorite discussion from the blog is when they are talking about the Travis Scott x Air Jordan 1 Low because I personally own a pair. 


The blog I read about "Kids ruining the sneaker reselling game" catch my attention with the conversation about the younger generation of kids don't know the history behind some of the releases and some of the original releases. For the most part, that's generally true, most kids go for releases because of the hype behind the release or the resale value it has to it. Most days resellers in the sneaker community are evolving to "bulk buying" which typically means, buying more units of shoes for a way cheaper price then the retail price is and thats how most kids who don't have jobs, replace a 9-5 job. The blog describes how younger kids ruin the overall market and determine if the price increases or decrease, that is completely false. The power of "holding" limited quantities of exclusive sneakers, that are brand new, is what makes the price increase over time. Doing research on your own, for certain sneaker releases, such as Travis Scott collaborating with literally any brand, will only make the shoes price go up with time. For example, if large amounts of people get access to a release and wear the sneaker, the people that are holding the sneaker in brand new condition, the price will increase over time and in some cases fast and unexpected. 


November 8th, 2020
Resale Price: $950


March 17th, 2021
Resale Price: $1,500


My overall thoughts about the two blogs is I found one, very useful, very informative if you will and the other blog, not so much. The first blog provided me thorough information behind every single release since he started his partnership with Nike and Jordan Brand. For the second blog, it provided me me false information about the power of holding brand new, limited, exclusive sneakers for a gain of money. Using the information I learned from both blogs, I feel confident moving forward to educate myself more about all types of blogs. 




Comments

  1. Hey, Pablo. Your blog is looking great so far. Nice visual appeal and engagement, good support with links and visuals, and nice writing flow. You have some smart content and ideas, and you are developing pretty well. Keep analyzing and digging into your topics to create significance, and be sure to work to connect your topics to your audience, not just yourself. Don't be too brief. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #8

Entry #10

Entry #7